Magic Prodigy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being the Barmaid[Open]

2 posters

Go down

Being the Barmaid[Open] Empty Being the Barmaid[Open]

Post by AccidentalExplosions Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 am

Elyane rested her harp behind the counter as she donned attire. A more modern set of clothing of a vest, shirt and pencil skirt with a nice black bowtie around her neck, to match the fact she works here as the barmaid, the glimmering stage in view as patrons would buy and then take a seat at the tables to watch whoever performed. Comedians, dancers, herself, as long as they showed they could stand on stage, they would be up there. But as of right now, it was down time for the section of the guild, meanimg only one or two people are around, or the janitors giving the place a clean sweep. Elyane rested her elbow on the counter as she sighed. The girl rather be on stage right now, when her wings felt the most free for people think it is just props. Elyane closed her eyes for a small nap, hopefully no one wants to bug her.
AccidentalExplosions
AccidentalExplosions

Character Sheet
Chosen God:: Hasn't decided
Guild:: None(Working in SP)

Back to top Go down

Being the Barmaid[Open] Empty Re: Being the Barmaid[Open]

Post by Relentless Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:02 am

Zelya had been away from the guild for a few weeks on a trip to Glacie's Vale where she had to meet up with some of the Dragonkin living there. The whole issue had been a waste of her time since it was supposedly a diplomatic venture, but had ended up being a massive fetch quest from hell. Walking into the mess hall while running her fingers through her hair to loosen up the strands, she noticed their local barkeep and part time performer taking a snooze. The pseudo kitsune put on a smile and approached the bar, her bright orange hair gently bouncing to the rhythm of her footsteps.

She gently poked Elayne's forehead and said "It's bad manners to sleep on the job you know?" with a playful, friendly tone. While Elayne wasn't a member of the guild, she was someone who was normally there. She socialized with some of the members, served a purpose, and didn't start trouble. Zelya spoke to her just the same as she did with the official members, and treated her no differently. "Mind grabbin' me a glass of grape soda?" she asked, dropping her elbow on the counter top and resting her hand on her hand.

Elayne would notice that Zelya's left cheek had a small cut on it that was clotted, but not healed up. Her right shoulder had a burn mark, and the black glove she normally wore that normally covered her entire arm was completely gone. The signs of someone who'd just went through a hellish fight, and was yet to go for medical treatment. "Next time the king needs someone to go on a 'diplomatic venture' I'm telling him to send his guard. They've been getting too cozy staying in the city anyways, and some of them could use a good walk." Zelya joked, her magenta eyes glistening with the flicker from the sconces nearby.

Relentless
Relentless

EXP : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by AccidentalExplosions Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 am

The girl's snooze was interrupted by a familiar chipper tune one that was teasing and certainly a tone used among friends joking and having a fun time and a poke to the forehead. Elyane looked up, before suddenly straightening herself and slammed her hands on the counter in surprise, her wings bursting wide open in their dazzling display. After calming down, pulling her wings down back to their rest position and profusely apologizing to her boss, she grabbed a can and poured it into a nice clean clear glass, the fizzling sound of gas with the faint aroma of grape, dropped a few chunks of cube ice and passed it to the jolly guild mistress.

Elyane had never personally known her boss for long, but it was long enough that she felt comfortable around the woman. There was not much of an age gap between them either by the looks of it. Then Elyane spotted the cuts and burns, but could not help but laugh at the little comment made.

"Yes yes... Haha... They are I guess, but being in that armor of those must be tiring to some extent of fatigue," Elyane said as she got the first aid kit, specifically its her own bag. The girl cracked her knuckles before dipping a mixture into a tissue, turning it a somewhat lime color and dab it on the pseudo kitsune's cheek, cleaning it and applying the medicine, which would sting a bit. Elyane then took up a bandage and went over to Zelya's arm to wrap it up.

"Geez... You getting this roughed up from a trip, I won't be surprise if you retire soon..." Elyane said as she finishing up the bandaging, putting a smiley sticker on it just for laughs.
AccidentalExplosions
AccidentalExplosions

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Relentless Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Taking the glass of fizzy liquid from the barkeep, Zelya took a small sip and closed her eyes while she savored the grape taste for a moment. The soda the guild got was high quality, containing more natural flavors than artificial ones. Because of that, the cans all had to be refrigerated to keep them from going bad; but the end result were drinks that tasted like fizzy fruit juice, and not acidic lies. Zelya was taken out of her mental world when a sudden, sharp sting was felt on her cheek that caused her eyes to open wide and ears to point straight up. She relaxed when she saw Elayne treating the wounds and even ignored the sting, it was more surprising than painful since Zelya wasn't used to people applying first aid on her.

The girl commented on how it wouldn't be surprising if Zelya retired, to which Zelya shook her head. "I can't retire. Not until my family stops putting themselves in risky situations..." she said with a calm, relaxed voice. Zelya often mentioned her family, stating that they're all adventurers who roam the world. "They're all idiots, the lot of 'em. They go out and attack things that'd kill them with the slightest mess-up, and I end up going to save em or wind up visiting them in the hospital. Until they all retire, I'll be unable to stop as well." Zelya's eyes were filled with a rather curious thing... While talking ill about her relatives, and using words normally use to curse others; Zelya had a look of contentment about her, and her eyes were filled with nothing but love for her family.

She rested her head on her hand and said "Plus... what would I retire to?" the question naturally being rhetorical. "I've no man to hold, no children to care for, and paperwork's boring." Zelya's ears began angling down and her eyes grew slightly sadder. Most men were afraid of her because of her more beast-like features, and the fact that she was a leader at heart. She wasn't the kind of gal to sit at home, waiting to answer every beck and call of her man who just came home from work... She was the kind who went out, killed the bacon and put it on the table, which made most men feel inferior. Zelya placed her index finger on the rim of the glass her soda was in and began running it along the edge. "I wonder if I ever would have those things..." she said in a soft, much less audible, and unsure tone.

Zelya's ears shot back up, her eyes wide open and tail sticking straight up. "S-sorry!" she said with an awkward tone. She was being depressing, something she didn't like doing in front of others. "A-anyway, how're things here? It's a slow day by the looks of it. Have the others not returned yet?" Zelya's tone turned to a more concerned one at the end. She was always fretting over the safety of her guild, and made sure to keep tight tabs on them to know when she was needed. She didn't mind it, for her it was a labor of love.

Relentless
Relentless

Back to top Go down

Post by AccidentalExplosions Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 am

Elyane could not help but feel a bit cheery listening to her boss. If anythinng just watching the ears move about is entertaining enough. Elyane cleaned a glass as she paid attention to the vixen's laments. Elyane honestly wondered the same thing. What would she retire to? Single, more than likely an outcast among fairies, and she herself is a fairy, who's hearts are considered more valuable than diamonds. What man in the world would not want to kill her in exchange for her heart? Elyane sighed a bit.

Elyane then jumped at the sudden outburst from her boss. Elyane had to internally calm down, after all she tends to be very panicky about alot of things. The awkward tone from Zelya simply told Elyane it was best to change the topic away from the idea of retirement.

"Nothing much really hehe... Just simple things like the more older members of the guild taking rests once in a while, somw took a gander in the forest to see if they catch a listen of the rumor, you know the one where a wonderful singing voice is said to come from. Anyway yeah not many have returned, I keep getting letters saying that they are fine and everything, all addressed to you of course." Elyane said as she pointed to the potato sack just behind her, overflowing with letters with a pigeon sitting on it.
AccidentalExplosions
AccidentalExplosions

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Relentless Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Zelya raised an eyebrow out of skepticism when Elayne said 'nothing' had happened. This was Solar Phoenix, a guild made of saints and sinners alike... One does not simply 'do nothing' within its walls. She took a sip from her grape soda and listened to Elayne talk of how there was mail that came in, all addressed to Zelya, after which the vixen let out an exasperated sigh. "That also means I have paper work..." she said in a troubled tone. Zelya scratched one of her ears while thinking. Upon releasing the ear it flicked back to a more upright, but still diagonal position. "I'll go through them tomorrow." she said, having decided to take the day off.

Zelya held her finger out and the pigeon flew over to it, landing on the digit and facing Zelya. She gently stroked its stomach with the tip of her index finger and said with a friendly tone "That means you're spending the night with me." to which the bird let out a series of coo's. Zelya finished off her soda and got up with the bird calmly seated on her shoulder. "I'll send someone down to grab the bag. Talk to ya later Eli." Zelya said while walking away to go take a nap in her room.

Relentless
Relentless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down